Sunday, June 2, 2013

What I Wore Sunday, and Reflections on Corpus Christi

Linking up for this post with Fine Linen and Purple!

Today's Gospel of the loaves and fish was a familiar one, but the homily gave me a brand-new way of looking at it which makes it so relevant to all of us. The choir's Alleluia was resounding and beautiful, setting the stage for a powerful reading. In the homily, the priest asked us to consider what it takes to really appreciate a dining experience, as opposed to just eating to get it over with, and one of the elements he mentioned was preparation for all aspects of the meal. The challenge was to prepare our hearts for the Banquet that we receive at each Mass, so as to receive the fullness of grace in the Eucharist. Such a simple message, but one that I needed to hear. How often do I walk into Mass quickly, huffing and puffing with a diaper bag in one arm and a toddler in the other, thanking my lucky stars we arrived in one piece (my husband sings every week and has to arrive early, so Ryan and I make our way to Mass on our own). Preparation isn't usually at the forefront of my mind these days, but it should be. This hour in Mass is the most important hour of the week! So, thank you, Father, for reminding me of such a fundamental truth.

On a cute note, Ryan sat on the floor, turning the pages of the hymnal and singing "aaaaahhhh". Every once in awhile he'd stop to find his Dad in the choir, point triumphantly, and shout "Dada!". I still lose it every time. His joy is a sight to behold!

Now, for what I wore (I don't shop much, but this is pretty typical of what I can scrounge up in my closet):

Sweater: Express
Tank: Gilligan & O'Malley
Skirt: Merona by Target
Sandals: Kelly & Katie from DSW

No comments:

Post a Comment