Saturday, January 26, 2013

Welcome

Hello and welcome to our blog! I'm Kathleen, wife to Eric and mom to Ryan. Like Elizabeth, I am also very blessed to be married to my best friend, and our marriage is proof that sometimes opposites really do attract - which means never a dull moment on this journey of life! I'm excited to coauthor this blog for a couple of reasons:

           -I've missed having tangible projects to work on since Ryan's birth, especially ones involving writing. Being a mom is wonderful, but it's certainly easy to let more measurable endeavors go by the wayside without a concerted effort.

           -My hope is that this will be a place to continually explore the idea of vocation, and how it forms and shapes us on a daily basis. I realize that I am still far from perfect in my vocation, and am just grateful to have a place to hash it all out from within the framework of marriage and motherhood.


Even as I write this, there is an energetic 9-month-old trying to climb into my chair and crashing his Fisher Price Music Parade car into my ankles; I'm tempted to get frustrated and demand just one tiny moment of peace, but will instead choose to kiss his sweet head and try to experience his childlike wonder. Writing may not be the same anymore - but that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment