Sunday, January 19, 2014

Homemade Sugar Scrub!



I ran out of my normal facial exfoliator, and instead of spending a bunch of money to replace it, I wondered if I could make something at home that might do the trick! Total and complete success. So much that I made two kinds - lemon for a hand scrub after doing the dishes, and lavender for baths. The recipe is so easy, and uses things you are very likely to have in your home already! 

Lemon Sugar Scrub

1 1/3 cups regular white sugar
2/3 cup olive oil
10-15 drops lemon essential oil
4 Vitamin E capsules, split open and squeezed in (about 1 teaspoon)

Lavender Sugar Scrub

1 1/3 cups regular white sugar
2/3 cup coconut oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
4 Vitamin E capsules, split open and squeezed in (about 1 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon lavender flowers

I'm looking forward to trying some other flavors soon - grapefruit! lime + coconut! lemongrass! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment